2012 Univers Foundation Application for
Aiming toward the healthy and spiritual enriched society
1. Amount of Grant and Grant Period
The maximum amount of grant is 1,000,000 yen per grantee. A proposed amount of grant will be assessed with your application and research plan including a research scale and contents during the screening process. The grant period is one year.
2. Usage of Grant
Grant should be spent on Payment to Researchers, Travel Expenses, Equipment, Cost of Commissioned Research, Meeting Expenses (expenses for hosting debriefing sessions and symposiums are not included), Research Materials, Printing Expenses(printing cost for research achievement is not included), Correspondence Expenses, and Supplies.
3. Application Requirement
People meeting one of the following requirements are able to apply.
1) Those who are engaging research activities at a university, a research laboratory, a research institution or an educational organization.
2) Those who are enrolled to or graduated from master's / doctoral course, or those who hold equivalent degrees or qualificaitons. However, applicants who are enrolled in a master's course or the first half of a doctoral course needs an adviser to apply.
* For contributing more researchers, the foundation provides grants only once for each grantee.
4. Application Procedure
Please fill out the application form and send it to the address listed below. We will not return any submitted documents.
5. Selection Procedure
Grantees will be selected by our selection committees and at the board of directors. The results will be mailed to each applicant. We will also officially announce themes of the grant-awarded research projects. Please note that we will not answer any inquiries regarding the screening process and reasons for the selection.
6. Deadline of application
July 31, 2012 (Application must be arrived by no later than 5:00pm. Japan time.)
7. Announcement of Applicaiton Result
November 1, 2012 (Bank transfer will be done in late November)
8. Regarding Personal Information Protection
1) Personal Information received from applicants are only used for screening procedures such as selecting grantees and mailing application-results letter.
2) The Univers Foundation will officially announce grantees' names, themes and contents of researches to the public, the National Institute of Informatics and the Japan Foundation Center.
3) The following person is in charge of management of personal information:
The Univers Foundation
9. Mail Address
YPC Building 5F., 2-14-8 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0004
Tel. 03-3350-9002 Fax. 03-3350-9008